Liverpool

Liverpool
Come on you reds

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Good Fortune

Ayanna lives in Africa in the early 1800s. She is taken from her mother who is murdered. Her name is changed to Sarah in Tennessee, where she picks cotton as a slave. She is soon taken under the wing by an elderly slave, Aunt Mary, and her son Daniel. Sarah learns about the harsh life on the plantation. At first she works in the field, but then she is forced to take care of her master's children. Soon Daniel has ideas of escaping the plantation. Will Sarah agree to escape with him? Find out in this thrilling historic book. There is a lot of mature content in this book, but I recommend it to mature readers.

6 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this! I'll think of putting it on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book. I enjoy stressful, mature books, and this one was perfect. I am happy someone else read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds DOPE AF, and nice dirt bud, but the book sounds really good and all that good mature content, I like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like historical fiction, so this sounds great!

    ReplyDelete